Melissa Virus

Mar 28, 1999 06:53 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Here is the newest virus info:

Machines with Microsoft Word 97 or Word 2000
Any mail handling system could experience performance problems or
a denial of service as a result of the propagation of this macro virus.

At approximately 2:00 PM GMT-5 on Friday March 26 1999 we began receiving
reports of a Microsoft Word 97 and Word 2000 macro virus which is
propagating via email attachments.

The number and variety of reports we have received indicate that this is a
widespread attack affecting a variety of sites.
For more info, visit the Carnegie Mellon site:

http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-04-Melissa-Macro-Virus.html

mkr