Robert Crosbie: More on His Special Status in the U.L.T.

Mar 17, 1999 08:14 AM
by David Green

In a previous posting I quoted from an encyclopedia article by Dr. James
Santucci.  He wrote the following about the U.L.T. founder, Mr Robert
Crosbie---

"Even Crosbie himself claimed no special status, although he is
naturally held in high esteem by [U.L.T.] associates."  THE ENCYCLOPEDIA
OF CULTS, SECTS AND NEW RELIGIONS, Prometheus Press, page 504.

For scores of years, the inner circle in the U.L.T. Los Angeles has
declared (both implicitly & explicitly) the unique & special status of
the U.L.T. founder.  Here are two more quotes to supplement what has
already been given---

"[Mr Crosbie]. . . identified himself with the DZYAN [Esoteric] section
of the Theosophical Movement and the T.S., and was for many years the
devoted and close Companion of William Q. Judge, and an occult pupil of
H.P. Blavatsky. . . ."  "Theosophy" magazine, 1919, Volume 7, page 320

Here a special claim is given without any evidence that Mr Crosbie was a
"close Companion" of Mr Judge as well as an *occult* pupil of Madame
Blavatsky.  No explanation is given of what is meant by the words "close
Companion" or "occult pupil."  How many occult pupils did H.P. Blavatsky
have?  How unique was Crosbie's pupilage?  The U.L.T. writer doesn't
supply such relevant details.

In "Theosophy" magazine for November 1929, a U.L.T. writer proclaims
"the glorious example of Masters' Messengers to the world, the
Transmitters of the Wisdom-Religion.  Among These, and in our own time
and country:  H.P. Blavatsky, William Q. Judge, and Robert Crosbie. . .
."

Here in no uncertain terms Mr Crosbie is declared one of "Masters'
Messengers to the world" along side Mme Blavatsky & Mr Judge!  A pretty
unique status!

Additional quotes of a similar nature will be found in my completed
paper.

In my next contribution I will describe certain aspects of the U.L.T.'s
Esoteric School & quote relevant statements from various esoteric
documents issued from U.L.T. headquarters in Los Angeles, California.

David Green