RE: theos-l digest: January 16, 1999

Jan 19, 1999 04:54 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

January 19th 1999

Dear Katinka:

Thanks for the response.

As to "sex," I think it is quite a serious matter, and the fact
that we may be able to stop conception does not fully remove (I
think) the responsibility of husband and wife as concerns actual,
or even potential children.

Consider another aspect:  Under Karma men and women come together
and make families, and by doing so they offer incarnation and the
shelter of a home to such returning Egos as Karma might bring to
them.  These days some do still regard marriage as a serious
matter, although there is a trend among some to have other views.
How good, pleasant or dangerous they are I have no idea about
defining them.  I do however have a very strong sense of caution.

I think that often marriages are made on the basis of mutual
attraction, etc... but those that are really successful are those
where in addition to LOVE there is a sound basis of continuing
friendship.  And in such cases there is an additional bond of
great importance to the continued success of marriage.

As I see it, Theosophy indicates that the Karma of father, mother
and child draws together the bonds of reunion from previous
lives.  It is like a three-way agreement.

If by a physical act incarnation is denied to an Ego with whom we
have unknown, but close bonds, what would the Karma be for the
"potential parents," and the "potential child?"

I do not have a ready answer, but this idea has made me very
thoughtful.

You have also asked about the 100 year effort attributed in
Theosophical literature to the Lodge of Adepts (started with
Tsong-ka-pa in the 14th Cent)

If you are interested I have a note (a list actually) which takes
note of the sequence of personages who worked in the "West" under
this mandate and served as "predecessors" of HPB.  This list
includes also references to Theosophical sources from which
additional information can be had by direct reference to them.  I
would have to send it to you directly as an "attachment" if you
want to see it and use it.

Best wishes,

Dallas