Re: RE: Theos-World Waiting for the Messenger

Jan 15, 1999 05:45 AM
by hesse600

Dear all,

> HPB is the one who stated that every century, towards the end of
> that period (the last 25 years) the Great Lodge of Adepts sent a
> "messenger" to work with our western civilization (now diffused
> around the world).  She says this at the end of THE KEY TO
> THEOSOPHY and also in one of her MESSAGES TO THE AMERICAN
> THEOSOPHISTS.  She also attributes this decision to Tson-Ka-pa.
> It is supposed to have started in the 13th Cent.
>
> I have not seem any claims made, nor have there been any
> outstanding work, efforts, or revelations.  And although I keep
> in touch with almost all the Theosophical journals, I have not
> seen any claims made there.

Would any such claim even be believed?
There would have to be an unusual combination of intellect
and saintliness before it would be believed in my opinion.
Precisely because of this:
> However the changes in science, philosophy, psychology,
> sociology, ecology and politics around the world for the last 50
> years are remarkable, when compared with earlier times.  Some
> where the Theosophical influence seems to have been focused in
> many places for the general improvement of mankind and attitudes
> of life.
etc.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden