Re: theos-l digest: January 13, 1999

Jan 15, 1999 01:36 AM
by kymsmith

Dallas wrote:

>There have been some
>serious problems:  genocide in Africa, in the Balkans, and in
>Asia Minor repressive measures taken against the populace are
>seen, but are they very serious taken in comparison with the
>whole trend ?

Whoa!  Kym jumps out of her chair and bangs her head on the ceiling.

Dallas, the genocide and repressive measures ARE very serious no matter
what one wants to compare them with.  This is one of the major problems I
have with doctrines who look backward, forward, up and down in order to
claim human or animal suffering is 'not so bad when we consider so and so.'
 The agony of a human today is as serious as the agony of a human of the
past or the agony of a human in the future. It serves no purpose but to
give one an excuse to avert their eyes and energy - or to hope that some
superhuman "messengers" will get the job done.  The only "messengers" I
know of, for sure, are you, me, and other not-so-superhuman folk.

The "trend" does not control us, Dallas, we control the "trend."

Kym