Spiritual Intuition vs Clairvoyance vs Occultism

Nov 08, 1998 07:14 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Much discussion has gone on for years on the subject of occultism and the
Great Mysteries. Many are interested in Mysteries and who is not interested
in future Adeptship?

On the one hand, we have the step by step method. Joining a secret training
school such as the Esoteric School and get the benefit of the training. It
has its price to pay. For example during the time of Annie Besant (who
claimed that almost all members of the General Council are members of the
Esoteric School), during the Mahatma Gandhi's non-cooperation movement, it
is reported that she had a rule that no one could join the movement and yet
stay in the School.

On the other hand, you have the famous statement of Krishnaji, who said
"Truth is a Pathless Land" and you cannot come to it by any path.

In the book "The Science of Seership" by Geoffrey Hodson, a well known
member of TS and clairvoyant, published in 1930 or a couple of years
earlier by Rider & Co., I saw the very interesting statement.

"It must be understood clearly, however, that clairvoyant research is by no
means the only or even the most important method of acquiring knowledge;
neither is the development of this power a necessity for either spiritual
progress or the study of occultism.

A surer method exists, and a far more valuable faculty is available for man.

"This faculty is spiritual intuition"

He goes on to say that we see evidence of this showing up  in people.

It looks like the spiritual intuition is a far more effective and may be
the technique for the coming millennium. This does not appear to need any
organization, no leaders, no followers, no control, no censorship, no
intermediary, no training, and you are your own teacher and student and
does seem to be same as "Man/Woman Know Theyself".

mkr