Re: looking for the good in others

Nov 10, 1998 10:17 PM
by kymsmith

Eldon wrote:

>This seems like a personal attack, a form of lashing out in anger,
>rather than a kind-hearted pointing out of someone's shortcomings
>in a way that can lead to constructive results.

Well, hell yes!  I am angry and it is a personal attack.  I am not going to
say "oh, gee, Dallas, I know you're really trying to be sweet, but you're
coming across all wrong."  Hello?  I DO NOT THINK DALLAS GIVES A DAMN AS HE
HAS SHOWN IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  Have I made myself clear now?

Take me serious.  I know exactly how I feel and what I think and what I
mean to convey regarding my thoughts on Dallas and his motivations.

>It's customary to
>speak of shortcomings in the form of "our problems", giving both
>personal examples as well as pointing out examples of the other's
>faults.

Oh, please.  Do not patronize me, Eldon.

>Is it correct to assume that Dallas doesn't have your respect
>because he consistently disagrees with you?

Again, let me make it clear - Dallas DOES NOT HAVE MY RESPECT because of
THE WAY HE CONTINUALLY TREATS PEOPLE ON THE LISTS.  His arrogance is just
too much.  There have been many times that people have disagreed with me,
Eldon, but I have not reacted to them in the way I have with Dallas.  But
you know this already, Eldon, thus I am perplexed on why you would imply
such a thing.

You suggest I offer Dallas 'writing tips?!'  Are you serious?  Well, it is
clear that you did not pay much attention to any of my postings on
theos-talk nor the responses that Dallas gave regarding them.

Kym