Re: theos-l digest: November 11, 1998

Nov 12, 1998 05:05 AM
by Frank Reitemeyer

>For instance, where is the long-awaited Dictionary of
>Esoteric Terms by GdeP?  Emmett Small said that the
>Glossary is an abbreviated version.
>
>Augoeides

A good question. GdeP's Encyclopedia with over 4,000 entries, much of them
not to find elsewhere was proof read by GdeP himself and READY for the
printer. Why Conger and Long never published it. There was an unofficial
saying in Pasadena: It is of no use, it is outmoded. Very strange. They
kicked of the ES members and disconnected the ES from their new TS. So I
wonder from which source comes their knowledge. Obviously they knew more
than GdeP about occult matters. It is interesting that Emmett Small who was
an intimate coworker of GdeP and serves under him as the Head of the
Printing Office he had a copy of that printed sheets. Over the years he
always was fair and gave the new leaders the karmic chance to publish it
and -- he spoke out, over many years privately and later public in his
outstanding Eclectic Theosophists. Several times he begged the Pasadena
leaders to fulfill the expressed wishes of GdeP. One fine day Emmett had
visitors and he opened friendly his door. Later when they were gone he had
do make the surprising and shocking ascertainment that the printing sheets
were stolen. Nowadays  - nearly sixty years later - there are rumors that
Pasadena will publish it with many alternations. It is said that some
scientists are working on the manuscripts to make it "modern".  A
questionable way, because there are other books that are even much older,
f.e. the SD, the VoS, the ML. Why not "editing" them also? Are the
Theosophists too stupid to read verbatim texts? Can one trust in the
accuracy of the publications from Pasadena? One example: I have before me
GdeP's "Man in evolution", the one the genuine version printed 1941 in Point
Loma during GdeP's lifetime, the other one the new edition by Pasadena of
1977. A quick comparison is shocking: The whole second chapter is canceled,
also the Preface of GdeP and the following foreword by H.T. Edge (he was a
personal pupil since HPB). OTOH the Pasadena version has a foreword by Grace
F. Knoche! One can only come to the conclusion that the new editors have
more spiritual and intellectual knowledge than their teacher to whom they
were pledged. Why it is verboten to read to genuine texts by GdeP and H.T.
Edge? Is there fear of something? More could be said. Any more questions?
Thanks to the gods that we now have the uncensored maillists, it can be the
right medicine to cure the theosophical movements from some serious illness.

Frank