Re: theos-l digest: November 20, 1998

Nov 23, 1998 07:50 PM
by Cybercmh

In a message dated 11/21/98 12:01:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, theos-
l@list.vnet.net writes:

<< Where is the grandeur of our people
 and of the one Truth? These, you may say, are beautiful visions which were
 once realities on earth, but had flitted away like the light of a summer's
 evening. Yes; and now we are in the midst of a conflicting people, of an
 obstinate, ignorant people seeking to know the truth, yet not able to find
 it for each seeks it only for his own private benefit and gratification,
 without giving one thought to others. >>

Wow.  I believe this is the root not only of problems in the TS, but of too
many problems in America.  Deep stuff.  I contemplated such questions recently
while visiting Monticello, slaveholder and American hero Thomas Jefferson's
home.  Paradoxes abound.  Where is the grandeur of our people, and where have
the beautiful visions gone?
Christine