Internet driving down prices

Oct 18, 1998 05:12 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Recently I had to order a publication from Govt Printing Office and to my
surprise, I learnt that they are offering 35% discount for ordering via web
and charging to credit card. If this trend continues, we can see more
agressive selling of publications at huge discounts over the web.

What surprised me was usually Federal Government is not very efficient. All
that is changing and apparently Feds have found the web an usual tool.
Could Lewinsky matter had anything to do with it?

On the other hand, the "spiritual" organzations are generally behind in
these matters. They may be emulating the adeptic ways normal north of the
Himalayas.

mkr