Re: THEOS-L digest 1615

Aug 25, 1998 11:14 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 08:00 AM 8/25/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>mkr,
>
>I patronize mom&pops when the expense-to-me difference is marginal. And if I
>can engage the proprietor in discussion leading to fresh ideas and
unknown-to-
>me material, I'm happy to pay him for his time within the scope of a somewhat
>higher price for the book(s).
>
>Julien

Julien:
I agree with you, except that there are no mom and pop book stores in my
neighborhood. In my business, I mostly deal with mom & pop operations and
they are run most efficiently and are able to share information normall
unavailable anywhere else. As more and more chains are taking over
business, it is going to be very difficult for these small operations to be
profitable.

..mkr