Re: Theosophy

May 20, 1998 06:25 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Kim Raymoure <kym@eagle.cc.ukans.edu> writes
>Hi all!  I've just joined this list and hope to learn a lot.
>
>I am very unfamiliar with Theosophy and have it presently included in a
>list I'm compiling of world religion's.  Is this appropriate?

Theosophy is not a religion, it is a study of religion.

>  Included on
>that list are agnosticism, atheism, and buddhism to name a few that do not
>necessarily worship a specific deity.  Does Theosophy have a set religious
>structure or is it merely the philosophy involved with theology.

Theosophy does not have a "set religious structure" nor is it merely the
philosophy involved with theology!

May I suggest you follow some of the links on the Theosophy
International web page (see below) and read some of the literature
which can be located this way?

>Help! Help! I'm in the dark!
>Kim

Sincerely,

Alan Bain
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk