Re: THEOS-L digest 1539

May 24, 1998 07:53 PM
by Alexis Dolgorukii

> I am certain that Mr. Zeitzev, coming from the ex-Soviet Union, made
>his request as innocently as if an American wrote, "They don't sell your
>book around here. If I mail you a check, can you send me a copy?" I
>believe that he simply did not realize the copyright issues, and it was
>not intended as a request to do something wrong.

Comment from Alexis:

Bart, I am absolutely certain that you are correct. For many reasons I have
been dealing with people from Communist countries for many years, they are
all entirely innocent about many things, ethics among them. Marxism did some
terrible things to the simple concept of human decency.

But my complaint about Mr.. Zeitzev's  actions had more to do with his
demand that Paul justify himself than with his request that Paul post his
book to the Internet....Neither Paul nor anyone else has any obligation to
justify themselves to someone who may disagree with them. Perhaps this is
simply a problem which results from Mr.. Zeitzev's  weak comprehension of
the English language, but it is unacceptable all the same.

Alexis Dolgorukii
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW CAN HURT YOU!!!!
        IT CAN HURT OTHERS TOO!!!

The more you know, the harder it is to lie to you!
The less you know, the easier it is to lie to you!

Alexis Dolgorukii
alexis@wclynx.com
http://www.parascience.org