Beatrice Woods dies

Apr 06, 1998 10:18 AM
by Drpsionic

This just appeared on Zee-list.

>Date: 98-04-06 12:21:15 EDT
>Subject: Beatrice Woods Dies

Recently Beatrice Wood died in Ojai at the ripe old age of 104 years
old.  She was very active as an artist.  And in fact recently, her works
were featured in the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.

Beatrice Wood was a beautiful wonderful person with a magical persona of
great import.  She had romantic affairs with likes of Dali and many
famous artists of the period.  Perhaps, her most revealing multi-media
cassette explored a whore house in Europe.  In it she mirrors many
aspects of her life experience.

For it is ever the game...the gentlemen who for no reason leaves his
prized maiden to explore the house of irrepute.  Actually, Beatrice
describes the house in a wonderful erotic filled way.

She was totally into free-love.  Even at 104 she invoked a sense of
mystery and erotic energy.

Beatrice was a first class initiate of art and magick.  Although her
magical thematic strand was verbal and artistic; she had a enchanting
power which was incredible.  I remember her studio; the power the
strength of its energy.  And this tender, brilliant old lady working her
crude materials to make these artistic however crude looking pottery.

Yes, We have lost Burroughs, and now Beatrice.

May we all learn from their lives...how to live better and more
completely in the ever destructive world of present day civilization.