Re: THEOS-L digest 1457

Mar 10, 1998 02:03 AM
by Dieter Dambiec

Hi,

I also consider animals should not suffer needlessly by human activities
and killing for food.  In this regard current humanism, is lacking.  It
needs to be redefined and expanaded.  And therefore I opt for
neo-humansim.

That is, Neo-Humanism is newly explained Humanism.  Expanded humanism of
this type is critical to social and human advancement and evolution of
our consciousness.  In general, only human beings
have come within the scope of humanism. But this explanation is not
sufficient. Why should the love and affection of developed human minds be
restricted to human beings only? Why should it not include all living
beings, including plant life? This is the new explanation of humanism -
Neo-Humanism - for within Neo-Humanism the entire animate world is
included.  The inanimate is also given respect.

The collection of all natural human expressions, the collection of all
natural expressions of all flora and fauna is Neo-Humanism.  All human
expressions, all human manifestations--and not only human expressions, or
human manifestations, but all expressions, all manifestations of all
living beings, including flora and fauna.

This Neo-Humanistic approach is the human asset, it is the charm of human
existence, it is the fascination of human existence, and it is the glamour
of human society.

Neo-Humanism includes within its scope not only human beings and animate
creatures, such as plants and animals, but also all inanimate entities as
well, for the scope of Neo-Humanism extends down to the smallest particles
of sub-atomic matter.  Everything is to be treated properly with the
spiritual approach.  A day is sure to come when human intuition will
realize that the essence in the sub-atomic world is pure Consciousness.

We can give joy to the Supreme Consciousness by serving creations -- human
beings, animals and plants -- and this service will be the best
application of Neo-Humanism.

Neo-humanism is the psycho-intellectual approach and spiritual practice is
the spirituo-intuitional approach.  Also there is the socioeconomic
approach of PROUT (PROgressive Utilisation Theory). The mid-point is the
path of spirituality - the path of spiritual practice.

>From the point of view of Neo-humanism the arena of our service should be
ever-increasing, ever-expanding, and should include both the animate and
inanimate worlds.  Human beings have not taken proper care of the
inanimate world. For example, human beings have damaged and destroyed many
hills and mountains and this affects the rainfall.  To protect the
inanimate world it is necessary to conserve and properly utilise all
natural resources.

The Neo-humanist policy to ensure the well-being of all creation - is to
first serve human beings, then animals, then plants and then inanimate
objects. Human beings should not kill the creatures of the animal kingdom
just for their own survival.

We must not waste our time - there must be maximum utilization of all
human potentialities. The requirement and necessities of all human beings
are the same, and so humanity is a singular entity, humanity is one and
indivisible - with different expressions, like a bouquet of flowers. So we
must always maintain an equilibrium among all the different human beings
for the development of all, regardless of race, caste, creed or
nationality.

When the underlying spirit of humanism is extended to everything, animate
and inanimate, in this universe - this is Neo-Humanism.

So the actual task of human beings is to maintain a subjective approach:
that is, they will advance psycho-spiritually towards the Supreme
Consciousness, inspired by Neo-Humanistic ideals; while at the same time
they must strive for the expansion of humanistic principles and thus
establish a social structure based on universalism. Otherwise, their inner
psycho-spiritual rhythms will not be able to properly adjust with narrow
sentiments such as geo-sentiment and socio-sentitment, and this will have
a disastrous effect on society.

Humans will continue to suffer from the mental disease of dualism: that
is, where there is no correspondence between their inner minds and their
outer expressions. This psychology of duality within a single personality
creates a very serious psychic disease which may destory them.
Neo-Humanism will liberate people from this disease of dualism, so they
will be able to do good to themselves and to others also according to
their abilities; for everyone is endowed with some degree of ability.

In the Cosmic Family, humans, animals, plants, and inanimate objects exist
together and maintain a harmonious balance.

In this physical world, each and every object has its own dharma, ie its
own characteristic. Everything is moving in its own particular rhythm, but
that individual rhythm is an inseparable part of the Cosmic Rhythm. In
this case it is not at all relevant how much existential value or utility
value an entity has for human beings. In the case of Neo-Humanism, we have
to consider how far the individual rhythms of human beings and other
living creatures and plants are maintaining adjustment with that Cosmic
Rhythm, and herein lies the greatest application of human intellect. But
because of the deficiency of human intellect, people never consider things
in their proper perspective; they do not think for the collective
well-being of their fellow humans, far less for the welfare of the flora
and fauna.

Neo-Humanism is humanism of the past, humanism of the present and
humanism--newly explained--of the future. Explaining humanity and humanism
in a new light will widen the path of human progress, will make it easier
to tread. Neo-Humanism will give new inspiration and provide a new
interpretation for the very concept of human existence. It will help
people understand that human beings, as the most thoughtful and
intelligent beings in this created universe will have to accept the great
responsibility of taking care of the entire universe--will have to accept
that the responsibility of the entire universe rests with them.

Neo-Humanism is the philosophy which will make people understand that they
are not merely ordinary creatures. This philosophy will liberate them from
all inferiority feelings and defects and make them aware of their own
importance; it will inspire them to build a new world.

That Neo-Humanistic status, will save not only the human world but the
plant and animal worlds also. In that supreme Neo-Humanistic status, the
universal humanity will attain the consummation of its existence. Then
nothing will be impossible for human beings; they will be able to do
anything and everything.

Today's humanity is in despair; people think too much about their
imperfections. They think, "Can I do it?" But in that supreme,
Neo-Humanistic status, they will say, "Yes, I am a Neo-Humanistic being
and
I am destined to do great work--for that I have come on this earth. So
there is no scope for doubt whether I can do it or not."

When this Neo-Humanism operates in the external sphere, then internal
devotion - love - as a principle is transformed into devotion as a
mission.
Finally, the source of inspiration for this Neo-Humanism is spirituality
as a culture. And when this surging Neo-Humanism overflows in all
directions, making all things sweet and blissful, unifying individual life
with collective life, and transforming this earth into a blissful heaven -
that very state of supreme fulfillment is the state of spirituality as a
mission. That is the highest state of attainment in human life, the source
of all inspiration.

Universal Humanism is Neo-humanism - the state in which the underlying
spirit of humanism is extended to everything, animate or inanimate, in
this universe. It will elevate humanism to universalism, the cult of love
for all created beings of this universe.

Where selfishness increases, attraction amongst human beings decreases. We
must increase the jurisdiction of this attraction, this love. This love
should include all plants, birds, animals, etc, because everything has
life, everything has feeling. We should think that others feel as I feel,
and this feeling should include plants, animals and inanimate objects.
This is Neo-Humanism and Neo-Humanism is essential for the all-round
development of the human mind. And so for the continued welfare of all.

With the sentiment of Neo-Humanism: "The universe is mine; all living
beings are mine. I am to serve them, I am to help them. If I don't serve
them, if I don't help them, who else will help them? I am here to serve
them.", in this way your existence will be blissful in each and every
field of your movement--your existence will be joyful.