Re: How much is how much??

Mar 11, 1998 10:01 PM
by JRC

>     Virtually all the literature considers siddhi's to be "spiritual dead
> ends". They may be useful, but they do not lead to spiritual growth, at
> least not directly (check out Blavatsky's cautionary tale, "An Enchanted
> Life", located in NIGHTMARE TALES, and also somewhere in the COLLECTED
> WRITINGS, for an example).

While this is indeed true, the thing that's always given me a good giggle
is that the people who *wrote* all that literature, or at least those who
everyone quotes when warning against "siddhi's", are almost to the person
people who have put time and energy into the successful development of the
abilities they tell everyone else not to touch. -JRC