Re: An idea

Feb 20, 1998 10:12 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Ken Malkin wrote:

> Lastly, why  do you always resort to school yard banter as retort? May I
> take your interest in my wife as affirmation of some inadequacy?

    "When did you stop beating your wife" is a commonly used expression to
describe a question for which a simple answer would require false
self-incrimination, by taking as given the guilt of the party being asked.

    The most insidious kind of lie is the one which is 10% innocent truth;
when one attacks the lie, the attacker can stick by the true part, implying
that if part of the lie is correct, then the rest must be as well. And if
the victim ignores the lie, then the victim is tacitly admitting to it. You
ask why I think I find myself on the defensive so often. I'll tell you:
because people like you make it so unpleasant for anybody who dares to
disagree with your own personal view that the theosophical discussion is not
worth the agita, and they drop out, so that all that is left are people who
don't agree with you, people who don't care, and people who delude
themselves into thinking that there is something worthwhile here, myself
being the last group.

    As far as any connection I have with the E.S., I have answered that
question in detail here in the past. However, since you clearly don't read
most of my messages, but just decide ahead of time what I am going to say,
you probably missed those.

    It is an ill wind that blows no good, however. I am impressed with the
amount of support I have received since you started this campaign.

    Bart Lidofsky