Re: Power of Internet

Jan 24, 1998 02:01 AM
by Vincent Beall

M K Ramadoss wrote:

> I have posted about the enormous impact that Internet is having as a means
> of communicating and disseminating information. Now you have one more piece
> of evidence of the power of internet. I visited the Washington Post site
> and there was a link to www.slate.com which describes the how Net was the
> first one to break the Lewinsky story. The story was first posted on the
> Drudge Report site in California late last Saturday -- one week ago -- and
> the print media did not print it until following Wednesday.
>
> So one can expect all sorts of information being disseminated for free on
> the Internet and it is this free broadcasting worldwide that is going to
> make it very difficult to contain information considered sensitive or
> embarasssing by organizations.
>
> Ramadoss

Two days ago on an internet brodcast of the Art Bell show people calling
in were saying that it was being reported on tv that Clinton was
considering a strike against Iraq as a diversionary tactic to take the
heat off the scandal. Of course I took this with a grain of salt because
of the sensationalist nature of Art's programs, but this morning that
story was also reported on CNN. On the morning that it was reported on
Art Bell there was no such story on that mornings CNN program or on the
NBC broadcast news in Washington, D.C.

It is obvious that Clinton has emulated Kennedy, but I think it would be
unbeliveable that he would even think about commiting a military error
like the Bay of Pigs.

Vincent
--

vincent@dmv.com