Re: Theosophy

Dec 16, 1997 11:10 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 04:11 AM 12/16/97 -0500, Thoa wrote:
>As an example of ignorance and knowledge in perception, before I knew about
>t/Theosophy, I thought theosophists were all kooks who think they are
>psychic, astrologists, etc.  Well, now that I know more about t/Theosophy,
>it's true. :o)  But I realize it's only true in some cases and I also
>discovered the underlying spiritualism behind them.  I laugh now at how I
>used to be afraid of the metaphysical.
>
>I could go in more detail about art, etc., but I have to prepare for an exam.

I think you rightly identified a problem plaguing Theosophy/Theosophists. A
clear cut message precisely identifying the mission of theosophy and the
range of "beliefs" theosophists can have is essential if the public
misconceptions are to be set right.

I recently identified this problem at the highest level based on the
published material and have requested the matter be taken up at the next
meeting of the BOD of TSA. I have also copied the info to Adyar. Hopefully
someone will take time to diagnose the problem and try to do something
before we attract selfish members interested in selfish activities.

mkr