Re: rules and games (reply to Chuck)

Nov 12, 1997 10:42 AM
by Drpsionic

>You wouldn't go into the kitchen and cook your own
>food, eat it on the floor of the restaurant, take money from the
>cash register rather than paying a bill, and perhaps shoot some
>people there with a shotgun!

Not since my wild and misspent youth.

Seriously, I understand your point.  I have a sign in my office that says
"Learn the rules-Break the rules."  And the point of being a career trickster
is to keep things interesting.  Now that does not always work and every once
in a while a "whoops" occurs and one wishes that one had kept one's big mouth
shut, or not planted the pumpkin mine in that particular location, or
whatever, but that is part of living.

Most of what I do is the result of an often-vain attempt to get the idea
through people's skulls that there is always another way of seeing things.
 Now they might not like what that other way is, but it's there.   Somebody
has to come along every once in a while and poleaxe the sacred cow.

It may not always seem helping, in fact it rarely does, and sometimes it
completely backfires, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Chuck the Heretic