Idiot's Guide to Theosophy

Nov 08, 1997 04:37 PM
by Thoa Tran

Kym:
>I'm confused (indeed a rarity, I know).  In "A Study in Consciousness" by my
>dear friend Annie Besant, she talks about how occultists often caution those
>who love animals to not, through their actions, end up bringing the
>now-individual animal monad into a human incarnation too soon.  She doesn't
>say exactly what actions would do this - if she does, it whizzed by me.
>
>Now, how would that be possible?  What physical or mental action could cause
>a monad to incarnate into a form when not ready?  I know there's much
>discussion on this - but it still eludes me.  Sometimes, I read poetry to
>one of my cats, Lillith - she loves it. . .bad thing?  The neighbor next
>door dresses her little dog in frilly pantaloons. . .tacky, yes. . .but it
>this going to send this dog into "humandom?"  Sometimes, I feed my dogs
>"human" food - makes them a bit chunky around the middle. . .but am I
>causing a cosmic rumble?

Oh, my.  Then, I, too, am guilty.  I finally figured out how to get rid of
the pesky mice.  I purchased a humane mouse trap that looked like a little
house.  Now, will these mice develop a taste for housing?  So far, I'm
guilty of rushing about 5 mice into possible premature human incarnation.
Surrounding them with masterpiece artwork and eloquent music is no help,
either.  Hmmm, mice with a taste for housing and the fine arts....  Oh,
BTW, Mark told me he once got his cat high.  Another drug addict in the
world, my gosh, he'll burn in hell!!!

(snip)
>If even God if unable to construct a universe where things can't slip
>through the cracks, nay, a universe that doesn't even have cracks. . .how
>can I possibly trust anything?
>
>Time for cupcakes. . .one always thinks more clearly after consuming this
>oh-so-tasty lump of lard.  Sometimes, I think. . .that commercial bakery,
>Hostess, is the only one who really cares. . .

My all time favorite, cupcakes with whip cream on top lining a hunk...

P.S.  They have tons of books for dummies out there.  Maybe someone will
write "Theosophy for Dummies."

Thoa :o)