Dreck

Nov 01, 1997 09:54 AM
by Thoa Tran

Chuck:
>Now just how in the bloody hell are we going to compete with these folks for
>the hearts and minds of humanity if all we can offer is a series of crashing
>bores and new age dunderheads?   I say we lock the nice, boring people in
>their offices, let them shuffle paper and eat cucumber sandwiches, which is
>what they do best, and create some people who can hold an audience, or least
>keep them awake!
>
>Chuck the Heretic

Excuse my rusty writing hand...

Last night I went to a lecture given by Maya Angelou, and it was uplifting
and exciting.  That woman had wisdom, a sense of humor, and lots of
attitude.  She was herself and totally unapologetic about it.

I dread attending "New Agey" groups because of the pious atmosphere.  It's
usually in such atmosphere that I feel my "shadow", horns and goatee
growing, and evil mischievousness.  I would rather hang out with people who
are totally themselves and see the sacred in them.  Oh well, maybe I would
never be in a spiritual group, only in the spiritual group of mankind.
Now, I bet HPB would be one interesting woman to observe.

Thoa :o)