<none>

Oct 23, 1997 06:55 PM
by Titus Roth

Me:
>> Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tsu, Milarepa,
>> St. Francis, ... etc ... etc ... etc ... illustrate my point: When they were
>> in the world, they attracted sincere and dedicated persons who were inspired
>> to strive more deeply. When the great teachers left the world, dedication
>> became more and more encrusted with personal ambition and tepid fervor. In
>> some cases, such as with the Franciscan Order, successive leaders became
>> out-and-out persecutors. We are left on our own for a while, but then another
>> avatar comes. Too bad they are not often recognized in their own time. "A
>> prophet is not without honor, save in his own country."

Alan:
> Still not proven.  The above is assertion accompanied by a quotation
> which may or may not be relevant.  I could quote Matt. 19:10ff and argue
> that Jesus favored castration for all of his (male) followers and there
> is a case to answer, including historically.

Oh, Alan! My quote was an aside.

Anyway, I've heard of people being kicked out of the TS on less convincing
arguments. ;)

But now that you've got me thinking, how can I prove that you really exist?
Reports that people have seen you are a little suspect. We've even had reports
of Alan Bain sightings here in America.