Re: TS as seed pod

Oct 14, 1997 09:04 AM
by Caldwell/Graye

>To K. Paul Johnson:   "... aren't looking for an orthodoxy, but they find
>that the longtimers who run the shows are looking for nothing else."

>It seems that you don't like orthodoxy and neither do I and never did -
>to me orthodoxy doesn't allow creativity and this is against the natural
>laws.

>Nicole Suter

>From my sociological studies, virtually all "organizations" have
an "orthodoxy".  Groups and institutions---whether theosophical,
religious, occult, academic, scientific, etc. ,etc. maintain a
"status quo" and are "conservative" by nature.    At different
periods in the "life" of an organization, there may be dynamic,
innovative, liberal "activity"  but for the most part organizations
tend (over time) to  maintain the status quo.  As such, there is always
an "antagonism" between those in the organization who want to
maintain this status quo, and those who want change, etc. in the
organization.

At the founding of a group, there may be a very liberal, innovative
attitude among the members, but as the organization grows and with
the passage of time, there is the tendency toward the "status quo", etc.
Usually those in charge, the "leaders", are seen as being "conservative"
in their thinking, actions, etc.

This is a very poor description on my part of this seemingly "universal"
group dynamics.  Of course, there may be exceptions to the rule.

I have spent alot of time during the last ten years studying two organizations:
The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of the Claims of the Paranormal
and The Worldwide Church of God.  A book could be written on  how these two
organizations have dealt with this above mentioned tendency to maintain
 the "status quo".

Daniel