Re: Theosophy an Intellectual Endeavor?

Oct 08, 1997 02:13 PM
by kymsmith

Tim wrote:

>>[Doss] It was never ever intended to be an "intellectual endeavor"
>
>This is a hard statement for me to understand given Blavatsky's
>allusion-heavy style and her constant attempts to deal with contemporary
>philosophical and scientific issues.

I guess I don't consider Blavatsky to BE theosophy.  Theosophy was around
long before she ever heard of it - perhaps she felt she would serve
theosophy best by approaching it in her "allusion-heavy style."  But, again,
theosophy is not one person, nor the opinions of that one person.  One can
be a theosophist and never pick up a pen or engage in "intellectual
endeavors". . .

Kym