Re: Advanced

Sep 30, 1997 02:19 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: John R. Crocker <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Advanced
> Date: Tuesday, September 30, 1997 12:46 PM
>
> >>Damn! I wish I would of thought of that one.  You must be one of those
> >>advanced folks!
>
> On a serious note, I'm curious about opinions on the list ....
>
> 1. What *is* "advanced"?
> 2. By what outward signs would you recognize "advancement"?
> 3. Do you need to *be* "advanced" to recongize "advancement"?
>
> Really curious,
> -JRC

First of all, one would be not to act and talk like you are more advanced
than anyone else.  You'd think of other people first.  Not talk down to them
and really listen to them when they are saying.

I've had two people in my life that showed their advancement by their
outward appearance.  They always had a big smile and hello whenever
they met you.  They made you feel like the most important person in
the world.  One was a Methodist who was 80 and died a few years ago.
The other was a yogi who died of AIDS in his forties in the late 80's.

Yes, I believe one pumpkin will recognize another more readily.

A. Safron