Re: New Russian Law on Religious Activities

Sep 28, 1997 09:43 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Tim Maroney wrote:

> >By the wording of the law, Theosophy is either not a religion or one of
> >the "approved" list. Either way, it's not hurt by the law.
>
> A law restricting religious freedom hurts everyone in the world.

	I didn't say the law was right or wrong; I simply said it did not hurt
Theosophy. That does not mean that Theosophists should support it. But
if one tries to defend Theosophy from the law, it is a waste, and that
is worse than supporting the law.

	Bart Lidofsky