Diana dream

Sep 12, 1997 08:03 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Like many people lately, I had a dream about Diana.  Being out
of practice at remembering them, all I recall is the end: there
was a wide, long, parklike, beautiful stretch in the middle of
a city.  Rather like the Washington Mall or the Champs Elysee,
it was named after Diana.  My only interpretation is that she
has become a landmark figure and someone who has opened up a
place of beauty in the collective mind of humanity.  Douwe is right, I
think, in emphasizing that there is far more than an
individual's death involved here, and that there is something
numinous and holy about Diana now because of archetypal images
which she somehow fits better than anyone of our time.