Divine feminine

Sep 08, 1997 07:24 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

It occurred to me while watching Diana's funeral that this was
a rare moment when billions of people around the world were
united in a moment that was essentially spiritual.  All the
people saying the Lord's Prayer was an especially poignant
point.  But generally, the focus on Diana's higher qualities
seems to elevate the whole human race, and Mother Theresa's
death only adds to this feeling.  It's as if their deaths have
caused a mass consciousness of the archetypes of feminine
spirituality.  Maybe this will pass without any lasting
benefits, but for now I feel as if we have all been raised a
notch higher in our approach to the divine.