Rules vs Principles

Sep 06, 1997 03:39 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>Rules are inherent in Nature and are an aspect of Law. They may
>be subtle, but they are there.

I am tiring of this whole argument, but I want to point out that
while you may really think what you are saying is true, there
are some people, myself included, who think otherwise. Rules
are very much man-made. Nature works on principles, but these
are not "rules" in the sense of right or wrong codes of behavior
("A regulation for standard procedure" and "an established
method or way of doing anything" says my Webster).
The whole concept of "standard procedure," for example, is purely
subject and man-made. Rules can be broken. Principles can not
be.  I think we will simply have to agree to disagree on this one.

Jerry S.
Member, TI