More on Chains

Sep 06, 1997 02:56 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>Both forms of chains surely bind - the golden ones to love, peace
>and freedom, the iron ones are heavy boundaries.
>
>Nicole Suter

Nicole, you are touching on an interesting, and difficult
subject here. According to Tibetan Buddhism, the gods
themselves are bound by golden chains. The human
condition, they say, is better because only the human
being is able to become free from all binds. If your
goal is to be bound to love with golden chains, then
you may someday become a god or goddess. But
only if we renounce all chains and become free will
we ever enter Buddhahood.

Jerry S.
Member, TI