Male/female violence

Sep 05, 1997 12:35 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

I was on very close terms for four years with the researcher/
librarian at the National Victim Center, an advocacy group for
victims of violent crime.  Part of his job was compiling
statistics from all reliable sources on the subject.  We had
several conversations about the frequency of female on male
violence being the same as vice versa, and how violently angry
certain feminists got whenever this was brought up.  But he
also said that men do far more damage when they do physical
harm, and kill their partners far more often than women; so this part of
Tom's summary leaves me scratching my head.