Re: The Medicine Wheel

Aug 28, 1997 05:08 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.970828103047.8540A-
100000@ModZer0.dcc.uaf.edu>, Jaqtarin Samantha Triele
<triaism@ModZer0.dcc.uaf.edu> writes
>I'm still working on
>the hebrew old testament.  Retranslation etc.  The hardest things about it
>is that I don't know hebrew, *smile*, so, of course, I'm teaching myself
>that with a grammar book at the moment.

Now that's real hard work however you look at it.  I suggest you look
into the history of the OT before you get too enthusiastic.  Like the
Greek version (Septuagint) suggests that some if it (Septuagint or LXX)
was translated from earlier rescensions of older hebrew texts than thos
currently received.  Then there is the Aramaic Peshitta version ....

.. and some of the Dead Sea Scrolls texts.

Alan the killjoy.