Re: More on the movies

Aug 26, 1997 07:01 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Drpsionic@aol.com
> Subject: Re: More on the movies
> Date: Tuesday, August 26, 1997 12:19 PM

> >Yes, Chuck, THAT KIND OF SPIRIT could make a WONDERFUL MOVIE of
> >Blavatsky.
>
> I haven't seen that book, so I don't know, but I find it difficult to believe
> that hollywood would make a movie about the early TS without dipping deep
> into the comedy barrel and making us all look like damned fools.

Can't help but say this.  Gary Marshall took that fabulous book by Ann Rice,
"Exit to Eden" and turned it into Gilligan's Island without clothes.  It had a lot
of nudity and sex and was the most disgusting movie I'd ever seen.  Not
because of the nudity and sex (which I usually like), but the way they did it.
Even the actors, in shame, refuse to talk about that piece of trash.

Beware of Hollywood.  They have their own vision and its in your
pocketbook.

A. Safron