Re: Biased books/theosophy

Aug 21, 1997 05:36 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199708211454.KAA23442@marconi.concentric.net>, "A. Safron"
<safron@concentric.net> writes
>----------
>> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
>> Subject: Re: Biased books/theosophy
>> Date: Wednesday, August 20, 1997 8:26 PM
>>
>> In message <199708201402.KAA20738@leo.vsla.edu>, "K. Paul Johnson"
>> <pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu> writes
>> >Another NYTS guy horrified some of my friends in the Maryland
>> >lodge by saying of Madame Blavatsky's Baboon, <snip>
>
>Could you give the full title and publisher of the book?
>I'm going to a big book store next Tuesday in downtown
>Chicago and could pick it up or order it.
>
>A. Safron
~Madame Blavatsky's Baboon~
(Theosophy and the emergence of the western guru)

by Peter Washington

First Published in Great Britain in 1993 by Martin Secker  & Warburg
Ltd, and impring of Reed International Books Ltd.

ISBN 0 436 20273 5

At the time of publication the author was General Editor of the Everyman
Library, and a former lecturer in English and European Literature at
Middlesex University.

UK price was pounds 12.99.

Alan