Re: Bias etc.

Aug 21, 1997 12:41 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 03:05 PM 8/21/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The person in NYTS who said what he did about the Washington
>book was indeed a national leader, former board member in
>fact.  I don't think the folks who heard him say that would
>take much note otherwise.  OF COURSE there is no obligation for
>all Theosophists to read every book on Theosophy that comes
>out.  However, I think anyone who claims a leadership role
>should be willing to read the biggest book of the decade on the
>subject, like it or not.  This from a person who has cause to
>resent Washington for getting attention that might otherwise
>have been paid to more scholarly books on HPB/Theosophy.
>His book has major flaws but deserves to be read,
>
>I don't think there's a single reason to exclude Tillett that
>wouldn't also require exclusion of most Theosophical books.
>Except that is for the real reason, which is that ES folks don't like
>him for bursting their bubble, and don't want word to get out
>about CWL.

What is going on is nothing new. It has happened before. For example, the
well known book by Ernest Wood -- Is this Theosophy.... which was published
in 1936, I did not get to find out about the book until a couple of years
ago. I had been to many TS Lodge Libraries -- some of them had books even
Adyar Library did not have -- and none of them had the book. I don't know if
you have seen the book.