Re: Biased books/theosophy

Aug 20, 1997 03:13 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 05:06 PM 8/20/97 -0400, Bart Lidofsky wrote:
>M K Ramadoss wrote:
>> Again I think if factual errors are there, then all of us should know so
>> that they can be taken into consideration when evaluating or forming our own
>> opinion about the book.
>
>	The problem is that most of the information in Tillet's book with which
>I do not disagree comes from people Tillet quotes, rather than Tillet
>himself. He then draws conclusions from what the other people said, and
>I do not think he critically examines those people sufficiently.
>
>	Bart Lidofsky

I recall that everything he quotes, he has cited the source and I believe
the sources can be confirmed. Also I think Tillett wrote the book which was
a thesis he submitted and if this be so, unless the sources are credible and
verifiable, the thesis would not have been approved.

I would still be looking forward to any documented errors in his book.
Also there is book on CWL under preparation by Peter Michel and would very
much like to see what he has in it when it is published.

I would like to make it very very clear that I am not against *anyone*
*personally* -- be it CWL or anyone else. But at the same time, I have no
problem in facing any facts about any individual, whether the facts are
good, bad, indifferent, beautiful or ugly.

MKR