Re: Doggie Doo Again

Aug 13, 1997 10:52 PM
by ramadoss

At 08:09 PM 8/13/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>----------
>> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>> Subject: Re: Doggie Doo Again
>> Date: Wednesday, August 13, 1997 8:00 AM
>>
>> Organizations, especially ones which are in the area of "religion" and
>> "spiritual" arena are really slow to use Internet. One of them may be due to
>> the fact that most of them are controlled by older generation who did not
>> grow up with computers. The second problem is that they are used to control
>> communication with their faithful so that they told the faithful only those
>> things which they think the faithful need to know. I recently was told the
>> joke -- about how the faithful are handled -- just like mushrooms. The
>> mushrooms are kept in the dark and that is where they grow well. So keep the
>> faithful in the dark and feed little crumbs to keep them grow in the dark.
>> Internet is changing all this. The free communication and speed of
>> communication is something that it is going to take time to get used to.
>>
>> As I have said before, Internet is a juggernaut and is unstoppable. Doing
>> business in the traditional way is going to go away.
>>
>> ..............MKR
>
>I really appreciated this post, Doss.  There's a lot of truth there.
>
>A. Safron

Thanks for the comment.

It would be of immense value if each one of us take time and interest and
come up with creative ways to use Internet to make T/theosophy available to
every man, woman, and child and hope it will affect them in a way that will
make the world we all live in is better. Each one of us is very important
and all it would take is a couple of innovative ideas that can affect the
world. Let us all try.