Logograms

Aug 08, 1997 08:23 PM
by kymsmith

Vincent writes:

>G-d

I would not have known this meant "God" if I hadn't read this was so.  What
does this particular version of God's name signify?  Is it just an
abbreviation? - (although it's not shorter)  It does remind me, in a way, of
how some people shorten/spell Christmas as "Xmas."

Alan mentioned that there are some Jewish people who write 'The Whopper
Word' like you do - which leads me to believe there is some kind of deeper
meaning with this spelling.

Why do you prefer "G-d?"

Kym