Re: Battle between paper and cyber version

Jul 30, 1997 09:11 PM
by ramadoss

At 06:12 PM 7/30/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>----------
>> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
>> Subject: Re: Battle between paper and cyber version
>> Date: Monday, July 28, 1997 5:23 PM
>>
>> At 03:34 PM 7/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> >Doss wrote:
>> >
>> <giant snip> I feel that Internet is finally going to take Theosophy into
>> every home. just like TV and exiciting days are ahead but not necessarily
>> exponential increase in memberships in T organizations.
>>
>Take Theosophy into every home?  The last time I saw Theosophy on TV was on
>an episode of Sliders and that show's been cancelled.  Good ole Theosophy
>shows up here and there in snips and dabs, but the variety of TV is devoted to
>sensationalism, tawdry talk shows, redundant soaps and lurid TV movies.
>Perhaps if Theosophy is going to appear in every home, it better negotiate
>with Ted Turner and buy it's own cable channel.  Or maybe satellite!
>
>A. Safron

In very subtle ways, Hollywood has presented some of the "theosophical"
ideas in their movies. Some innovative person may come out with a creative
solution to taking Theosophy to every man, woman and child with the use of
Internet. Just my wishful thinking I suppose.