What survives after death?

Jul 26, 1997 02:58 PM
by JOSEPH PRICE

American spiritualism was the real basis of the movement we call theosophy or
at least its prime motivator.  After the civil war, may wanted to contact the
dead through the seance room.  Blavatsky said that what was contacted was a
shell an amoral energy draining entity at best and should be left alone.

I have had and intuition of the sutratma - the string of lives, before I read
anything about it.  This string may not really be individual.  I think the
vehicles, and jewels in Indra's nets are shuffled much more than we realize.
Like the gene pool, the lives and karmic assets - debts are dealt out as in a
lottery far more than theosophists want to believe.

That is why you can get somebody like CWL.  He may have been very advanced on
the intuitional/buddhic level, but very lagging behind on the astral/sexual
level.  And let he who is without karmic debts throw the skandha!

Namaste
Keith Price