Re: KYm's opinion of ts-l

Jul 20, 1997 08:58 AM
by ramadoss

At 11:35 AM 7/20/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>----------
>> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
>> Subject: Re: KYm's opinion of ts-l
>> Date: Saturday, July 19, 1997 10:16 PM
>>
>> In message <199707190100.VAA02344@ultra1.dreamscape.com>, "liesel f.
>> deutsch" <liesel@dreamscape.com> writes
>> >Dear Kym,
>> >
>> >My reply stays the same. You just need something to revolt against don't
>> >you... never mind what. Grow up, why don't you!
>> >
>> >Liesel
>> >
>> Would the above message get posted to ts-l for its subscribers to read?
>>
>> Alan
>
>It was my observation that ts-l was done in a digest format, while
>theos-l is more conversational.  Almost like lot a of telephones hooked
>up together.
>
>A. Safron

Name of the game in Internet is speed.

It appears that the digest is being released on a monthly basis like a
monthly print magazine. So you wait for a month to see next set of msgs.
This is nothing but a reflection, IMHO, of the paper based magazine
mentality. Those of us who grew up in computer/fax/telephone based culture
of speed and used to fast paced communication may not like the delay. But
most (especially in the TS/TSA hierarchy) are accostumed to slow paper based
snail speed all their life time (may be 90% of the total life span) and it
is very difficult to many of them switch gears and get on the fast lane.
Probably if you believe in manvantaras, slow pace does not at all matter. We
have all the time in the world to deal with important and critical issues
and we can pick up in the next incarnation.

YMDMV