Re: ???ism

Jul 19, 1997 10:40 AM
by Jaqtarin Samantha Triele

No isms?

Oh poo.

Now what am I going to do...
---
Jaqi.  (triaISM@modzer0.uafdorms.alaska.edu)

I would like to take this opportunity to waste others' time by asking
this, for I could probably find the answer by looking for a dictionary.
What is the literal meaning of the suffix, "ism".  IMO, Buddhism and
racism seemingly have nothing in common, with regards to their literal
definitions.  Is "ism" simply "a defined set of values"?