Re: ts-l

Jul 18, 1997 00:57 AM
by Tom Robertson

Doss wrote:

>Liesel wrote:

>>They actually delete material from a post, like flaming and bickering, and
>>maligning other Theosophists ... stupidities of that sort. Any objections? I
>>don't have any at all. I think theos-l is getting to be one big waste of
>>time, and I'm not contributing to it anymore.
>>I don't know whether Joan, the ts-l moderator, ever refused anyone's
>>writing, because the whole thing is only 2 or 3 weeks old. If you have any
>>common decency, and a few spare brains in your head, you'll know what to
>>write and what not to. It doesn't take any more than that. But you seem to
>>be wanting to continually revolt against you don't know yourself what. I'd
>>rather discuss things of interest to Theosophists, and I'm hoping ts-l will
>>be a vehicle for that.
>>Best wishes
>>Liesel
>>

>Dear Liesel:
>
>>From what I have seen, all successful maillists are on autopilot with no
>human intervention. You see the person supporting the maillists lurking and
>is seen only to take care of technical issues dealing with software problems
>or the like not the content of any of the messages.
>
>For the first time in human history, Internet is the only really free medium
>with no intervention of editorial or administrative control or editing or
>censoring of any kind.

I feel very similarly to Liesel.  I would much prefer being involved
in a discussion list with people who felt no freedom, and, if they did
feel it, to not have it, to do what Liesel, with my agreement, calls
"flaming and bickering, and maligning other Theosophists ...
stupidities of that sort."

I am looking forward to being involved in TS-L, and I hope the
moderator strictly eliminates all such garbage that plagues this one,
with the effect that "free" discussion of Theosophy is so stifled.
Joan said that both Nathan Greer and John Algeo are active in the TS-L
list, so anyone on this list who wants to discuss issues with them and
other higher-ups at Wheaton without personally attacking them may have
their chance.  If freedom is not limited, it is non-existent.