Re: KABOOM!

Jul 17, 1997 07:27 AM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Bart Lidofsky <bartl@sprynet.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: KABOOM!
> Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 10:16 PM
>
> 	In any case, it looks like the damage to the other car WILL back up
> your story.
>
> 	But also note that:
>
> 	A) When you hit a car from behind, you are assumed at fault until
> proven not at fault.
>
> 	B) If you hit a car that is to the left of you, you are assumed at
> fault until proven not at fault.

Now that I've stopped seeing it only from my side, I realize there is the
complicated legalities of it.  I also think in that system someone has to be at
fault in order to pay.  I do not know if the other owner of the car even had
insurance, since he wasn't there.  There's a lot of mystery in my neighborhood
about identities because of the IMS.  There's been single family houses
turned into boarding houses with 50 people only separated by hung
sheets and sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  These people are dying to
get into America and make a living, because the economics are so bad
in Poland.  But not everyone goes the illegal route.  I have good friends that
have become citizens and hold good jobs.  My family came over on the
boat to Ellis Island when my mother was six from Czechoslovakia.

I've resigned myself to whatever the insurance co. decides, since they
are bound by their own rules.  After, I just want my car fixed, which is
mostly body work.

But, thanks for the info, Bart.

A. Safron