Re: On evil - Titus

Jul 16, 1997 05:21 PM
by Titus Roth

> I found your post quite interesting, however it did raise some
> questions.
>
> Would you be more specific on what you mean by a "qualitative
> difference?"

I think a different word for hate versus fear is useful because the two feel
different. How are they different? Hmmm ... it's difficult enough to give
definitions of other emotions, but to try to verbalize it: Hate is more an
attacking emotion, fear more of a defending one. Like you, I've seen that
people fear first, then hate. But fear does not always turn into hate.

>> Depending on how you mean it, I agree that no one is evil. But evil can work
>> through someone. Karmic missteps build a dweller body that has a kind of
>> unholy intelligence. This entitized body is visible to some, extremely
>> powerful, and capable of inspiring absolutely monstrous acts.

> When you say that "evil can work through someone" - are you saying that
> evil is an "energy" or "being" all its own - does it have its own
> consciousness?  And, the "dweller body" receives or houses some of this
> "evil" - and the "unholy intelligence" is the evil itself, or is it
> something else?

I would say that evil is an energy. According to some, including my teacher,
Ann Ree Colton, all thought or emotion creates forms in the ether.  These
forms have a kind of intelligence but a kind that does not evolve. Others who
put themselves on a similar wavelength of thought can be influenced by these
discarnate forms. World War II was a phenomenon where the collective evils and
hidden consent to stay on wavelengths of jealousy emptied out into
consciousness and thereby produced a genius for destruction.

M. Scott Peck gave a psychological/clinical definition of evil. He found in
certain persons a core of unhealthy psychic energy that dispersed any kind of
probing, yet influenced behavior and thoughts to perpetuate itself. He even
wrote a section on possession and exorcism, showing that in extreme cases this
energy could actually possess a person, changing their features and behavior
into something totally foreign. Interestingly, he found that it is when this
energy was exposed that it really struck the hardest.

Ignorance is the ultimate cause of evil, which is simply the shadow side of
conventional good, or that is the blind following of rigid rules. With more
consciousness, we have more true Good (capital) and less destructive
consequences.