Is this justifiable?

Jul 16, 1997 12:08 PM
by Jaqtarin Samantha Triele

---Theosophical Disclaimer---
I hereby declare that all statements following this message are NOT
facts, theories, hypothesi, opinions, declarations, revelations, or
assumptions based on accurate investigations or unarguable statistics.
I have not called everyone in the world and asked for their opinions on
the subjects of which I have made these statements about.  I have not
recieved complete autobiographies from the Earth's population of
minerals, animals, plants, or humans, and, therefore, any statement
herein made is only a generality based on my own personal experiences.
If any statement contains sexist, racist, prejudiced, or any other
disagreeable material, I apologize profusely.  I can only attribute any
insulting statements to the fact that I am not omniscient.  Including
the above, all statements contained within the following message are not
judgements.  I must repeat this.  Including the above, ALL statements
contained within the following message are NOT JUDGEMENTS.  They are
solely opinions based on the current experiences of my self.  Any fact,
theory, hypothesis, opinion, declaration, revelation, or assumption is
mine alone, insofar as I know, and is not necessarily a fact, theory,
hypothesis, opinion, declaration, revelation, or assumption of the
Theosophical Society, the United States, my family, my friends, my
next-door neighbor, his dog, the chrysanthemums that were digested by
his cat the day before yesterday, or any one person or group of people
which exist in the known or unknown universes or dimensions.

I am not responsible for any misinterpretations, manipulation of
definition, unintended insight, or "twisting of words" which result from
the following statement or statements.  Unfortunately, once again due to
my lack of omniscience, I cannot guarantee that any facts, theories,
hypothesi, opinions, declarations, revelations, or assumptions written
by myself will be interpreted as they were intended to be.

Any statement or statements made by myself are not intended as attacks
on any one person or group or classification of peoples, and are also
not intended as a means of classifying one or more persons.  As before
stated, they are only statements based on my own experiences in the few
years that I have so far lived, and, therefore should not be interpreted
as statements which are "written in stone".  I apologize if any
statements I make shall have a negative effect on any person, and, if a
statement should have such an effect, please remember the first sentence
of this paragraph.
---End of Disclaimer---

Due to the content of recent posts, I have found such a disclaimer to be
necessary.  It makes me kind of sad, really, to have to do this.
Although it appears to be an attempt at humor, it also contains a
somewhat serious message.

If anyone can think of anything which might be added to this disclaimer,
please let me know.  This really shouldn't be necessary, but maybe it
is?

PS  The huh huh thing was not necessarily a symbol of agreement to
anyone's views.  I thought it was funny, so I followed along.

---
Jaqi