[no subject]

Jun 22, 1997 11:20 AM
by JOSEPH PRICE

Be what he may, once that a student abandons the old trodden highway of
routine, and enters upon the solitary path of independent thought -- Godward
-- he is a Theosophist, an original thinker, a seeker after the eternal truth,
with 'an inspiration of his own' to solve the universal problems."
--from The Omnipresent Proteus, by H. P. Blavatsky

Keith:  I have never heard of THE OMNIPRESENT PROTEUS (but I haven't heard of
a lot of things!)   This is interesting that someone chose to make it such an
important quotation.  For me, it has something to do with the idea that in
whatever incarnation you set yourself on the path -- you can backslide and
even fall down a few cliffs.  But there are beings to help you up.  But one
has to ask for help and one may not catch up to the place where one thinks one
should be on the path -- but we can all be 'inspirations' to someone,
somewhere at sometime by evidencing the lessons we have learned in an outward
expression.  The fruits of meditation are not be kept to rot, but the seeds
are to be sown.

Namaste
Keith Price