Re: CWL

Jun 19, 1997 05:48 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <19970618.231010.13927.4.trr@juno.com>, Tom Robertson
<trr@juno.com> writes
>"The full sequence of events is reviewed by Mrs. Josephine Ransom, in her
>"Short History of the Theosophical Society,""
>
>Does anyone have this book?

I no longer have it (unless it's tucked away somewhere - it's not very
long).  However, to state that the "full sequence of events is reviewed"
may be true, but it *is* a *review* and not a presentation of the
historical information in full.

There is a fair amount of authentic and original information, mostly
transcripts of original documents, on the website below.  You will have
to wander around the DIRECTORY structure to find it.  In particular get
CWL.ZIP.  In all of the extant accounts of CWL's "trial" (actually it
was probably more of an in depth investigation by Olcott) CWL admits to
having touched some of the boys.

The mmod of the period of Annie Besant's reinstatement of him is
reflected in some of the letters of Helen Dennis of the Chicago E.S. at
the time (1908) some of which were transcribed from photocopies in my
possession and uploaded to the list a while back.  They too should be on
the website - possibly in the same ZIP file.

And of course, according to Tillet (~The Elder Brother~) who researched
on CWL's Australian "home ground" the practice of collective male
masturbation was presented to, and practised by, a number of youngsters
with CWL participating - as a spiritual exercise.

Taking heaven by storm?

AB
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk