Bang bang!

Jun 18, 1997 05:50 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <33A7CA5F.51F5@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
<bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>       The original thread had to do with whether a body of people being armed
>prevented Germany from invading. The Swiss and the Americans were both
>almost universally armed at the time (in large portions of the United
>States, this is still true; for example, did you know that, although the
>Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas had an arsenal of weapons, they still
>had fewer weapons per person than the average Texan?

Yes, and although it is fair to suggest that invading the USA would be a
*bad* move in such a case, the Swiss could have been overrun in a very
short time by sheer force of superior arms in larger quantities than the
Swiss would possess in several lifetimes.

If the Waco sect had fewer weapons per person than the average Texan,
then I shall stay the hell away from Texas!

Seriously, much of this is to do with attitude of mind, doesn't it?  I
was at one time friendly with an Episcopalian priest in Illinois -
stayed with him for a few days in Pontiac.  Before joining the ministry
he had been a Chicago cop for nearly 20 years (I got a free tour of the
Chicago PD, including parts the public don't usually get to see).
During the whole of that time he only ever drew his gun once, and did
not need to use it.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk